Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Almost Healthy

Over the last few weeks I have been baking two things that would probably fall in the "healthy" category: Apfelkuchen & carrot muffins.

Apfelkuchen vom Blech
Carrot Muffins

The carrot muffins were based on a recipe from another food blog called "COOKIE + kate", and can be found here. I did like how the muffins turned out, but thought they missed something. I am not quite sure what, but if I ever make them again I will either add some unsweetened coconut flakes and maybe some lemon or orange juice.

The Apfelkuchen (yeast cake with apples) was delicious, as was expected because it is based on a recipe from my mom. However this cake really needs to be eaten within 2 days and tastes best fresh out of the oven. The recipe is quite simple, the cake consisting of a slightly sweet yeast dough, topped with cinnamon-sugar covered apples, and a mix of ground nuts, cream, egg, raisins, and the rest of the cinnamon-sugar left over from sprinkling the apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment