Tuesday, October 11, 2016

T-Shirt Pillowcases

Usually we have a few left over t-shirts after our windsurfing festival each fall. Not wanting to throw them out, but also not interested in having 5 of each, I came up with the idea to repurpose them as pillowcases:


The dark green one was made with the shirt from our very first East Coast Windsurfing Festival here on Cape Cod, the red one was this year's t-shirt. I really like my zippered pillowcases, they remind me of our windsurfing events and are easily washable. Making them was not that hard - you can find tutorials for everything online these days. It was however the first time I have sewn a zipper into anything, but after making my own bikini tops this was rather easy. Also I do need lots of sewing practice since I am currently looking into acquiring an industrial sewing machine for windsurfing sail repairs. Who knows, if we have a non windy weekend I might just start on a quilt next...

No comments:

Post a Comment