Sunday, February 12, 2017

Vulcan Inspiration

Yesterday I finally had company from Mark for some new school freestyle practice on the water at BIB. It was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine, warm water and averages of 25-30mph for most of the day. The best part of the day was seeing Mark complete his first Vulcan - congratulations!!!

It was super inspiring to see him out there practicing Vulcans and then making one. Funnily I had my best Vulcan tries almost always directly after seeing a good try from Mark. I think a big part of learning new school freestyle is having others out sailing and practicing with you - it psychs you up, shows you how it is done, and that the crashes are not as bad as they look.
Here is a picture Peter took of Mark during takeoff:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you Nina!! Both you and Peter were a big source of inspiration for me that day! I pushed myself way harder than usual. I agree, we all feed off each other's energy and need to encourage other. It is way more fun tha way too! You will get your vulcan much quicker than I did as you are more fundementally sound in your sailing. Next time, I am going to follow you and watch you duck the sail. I hope you get a good session in today. I am stuck working this weekend :(

    ReplyDelete